People come from all over the world to find out about the events of 18th June 1815.
This was the battle that brought an end to the
22 years of war of the Revolution and of the Empire. From now on Europe
would know a relative peace.
In 1815, the former Bodenghien inn, a building
dating from 1705 that now houses the Wellington Museum, was a coaching
inn. This vast construction was chosen by the British Military as
headquarters for all the army staff.
The Duke of Wellington, commander-in-chief of the allied armies, stayed here on the nights of 17th and 18th June 1815.
Address : Chaussée de Bruxelles, 147
B 1410 Waterloo
Tel. : 0032 (0)2 357 28 60
Fax : 0032 (0)2 354 28 31
Internet : www.museewellington.be
The museum is open daily with the exception of 1st January and 25th December.
From 1st October to 31th March from 10h00 to 17h00.
From 1st April to 30th September from 9h30 to 18h00.
The museum can be found in the centre of Waterloo, opposite the church.
Free parking nearby.
Handicapped people in wheelchair
Given that the Wellington Museum is located in a building dating from more than 300 years ago that is listed by the Walloon Region, we have not been able to adapt the access for people with reduced mobility (wheelchair users). We do apologize for this. People with other disabilities are nonetheless welcome: please telephone or send an email and we will be pleased to explain the visit arrangements. Admission will be free. Guided visits based on a theme are also available for groups.