Empfang
ON WINDOW ONTO HISTORY

People come from all over the world to find out about the events of 18th June 1815.

This was the battle that brought an end to the 22 years of war of the Revolution and of the Empire. From now on Europe would know a relative peace.

In 1815, the former Bodenghien inn, a building dating from 1705 that now houses the Wellington Museum, was a coaching inn. This vast construction was chosen by the British Military as headquarters for all the army staff. 

The Duke of Wellington, commander-in-chief of the allied armies, stayed here on the nights of 17th and 18th June 1815.

Address : Chaussée de Bruxelles, 147

                B 1410 Waterloo

Tel. : 0032 (0)2 357 28 60

Fax : 0032 (0)2 354 28 31

EMail : Diese E-Mail Adresse ist gegen Spam Bots geschützt, Sie müssen Javascript aktivieren, damit Sie es sehen können

Internet : www.museewellington.be

 

The museum is open daily with the exception of 1st January and 25th December.

From 1st October to 31th March from 10h00 to 17h00.

From 1st April to 30th September from 9h30 to 18h00.

The museum can be found in the centre of Waterloo, opposite the church.

 

Free parking nearby.


Handicapped people in wheelchair

Given that the Wellington Museum is located in a building dating from more than 300 years ago that is listed by the Walloon Region, we have not been able to adapt the access for people with reduced mobility (wheelchair users). We do apologize for this. People with other disabilities are nonetheless welcome: please telephone or send an email and we will be pleased to explain the visit arrangements. Admission will be free. Guided visits based on a theme are also available for groups.